Classroom Management

I've used the same card chart for years to help manage (visually) student behavior in the classroom.  While I think it can be effective, I'm wondering if it's time for a change.  I started noticing the clip chart system popping up everywhere online.  Most of them look something like this:



It made me wonder if I could modify one to meet my needs.  Here is what I was thinking:
Super Citizen (purple)
Role Model (dk. blue)
Making Good Choices (lt. blue)
Ready to Learn (green)
Think About It (yellow)
Make a Change (orange)
Teacher's Choice (red)

I like that the clip chart takes up less room and that students can move up and down throughout the day, as needed.  I really want to focus more on the positive.  So now I'm thinking about how to reward students who climb up the chart during the day.

For anyone who is using the clip chart, what DON'T you like about it?





3 comments:

kaylee said...

I saw that you are following my blog so I thought I'd return the favor - looks like I'm your 5th follower.
Kaylee
http://basketofbooks.blogspot.com/

Jill said...

Hi! Jill here from Tales from Second, I'm your newest follower. I like the classroom management ideas, thanks.


have a great weekend, only 10 days left!

Sandy said...

First of all thank you for stopping by my blog. I just became a follower of yours.

I use the clip chart in my room for a few years now and love it. It rewards those students who do behave, and those that don't a chance to move back up.

BTW- I finished the star themed memory book tonight and will upload it tomorrow (Monday night) on TPT.

Sandy
http://secondgradelockerroom.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...