I've just started looking into Words Their Way:
The prices for all of the books can add up quickly! I want to make sure the investment is worth it, so here are my questions:
- Which books do I need?
- How hard is it to implement without training?
- Is there a suggested scope and sequence, or do you teach patterns based off of the assessments?
- How often do you assess?
- Are the groups flexible or do kids stay in the same group all year?
- Are there materials included in the books for take-home practice as well as in-class practice?
- How family-friendly is the program?
- Are you seeing the skills carry over into their writing?
I appreciate any feedback you can give me about how spelling looks in your classroom.