Making Progress on Projects

Busy, busy, busy...that doesn't even begin to describe what I have been up to.  I finally decided that I'm going to be using blues, greens, and purples in the classroom this year.  Now that I know that, I have started working on some classroom projects.  I had my classroom library labels created, then I realized that I made a measurement mistake and need to go back and fix every single one.  Whoops!  I guess that's why they say measure twice, cut once :) 



Birthday Balloons

I'm sure you've seen this idea all over Pinterest and other blogs.  I covered a container with Happy Birthday wrapping paper.  Then I started creating the clipart to go on the birthday balloons.  I made them in purple, green, and blue which will go with my classroom color scheme.  I just need to get the crazy straws, make the balloon cutouts with my Cricut, and attach the birthday clipart.  Do you think the pattern on the wrapping paper is too busy or do you think it will be okay?




Clipboard - Attempt # 1
Again, another Pinterest project.  This was my first attempt at using Mod Podge, too.  There are a few spots I goofed on, but it was definitely a learning experience I will try again :)



Clip Chart
I have blogged about this several times now.  Here is my (almost) finished product.  It just needs to be laminated so I can hang it in my classroom.  I changed the language on the chart to match my own teaching style and language I use with students.  I'm happy to share my files for the chart, family letter, and other notes if you are interested.

Pink - Super Citizen
Purple - Role Model
Blue - Making Good Choices
Green - Ready to Learn
Yellow - Think About It
Orange - Make a Change
Red - Teacher's Choice






7 comments:

Tara said...

Please oh please link up:) It's not too late:) This one is open all week, then I start another next Monday:)))) Love your birthday pot:) I love the purple:)) The clipboards turned out awesome:)))) Now go link up:) It's never too late:)))

4th Grade Frolics

Tara said...

Yeah:)))) Thanks for linking up:))

4th Grade Frolics

Lori said...

I've seen a lot of mod podge projects on Pinterest, but haven't tried any yet. Your clipboards are cute!
Lori
Conversations in Literacy

Jill said...

You have been busy, everything looks great. I love the colors you have chosen.

Jill
Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

Krista Carlson said...

Love the idea of modgepodging the clipboards! Sounds cheaper than using the duct tape and you have more selection then too! Found you over at the linky- I am your newest follower!

-Krista
The Second Grade Superkids

Storie said...

Thanks, everyone! I'm having fun tapping into my creative side and am looking forward to more projects soon :)

Becca Morris said...

So crafty! I like your take on the clip chart.

✰Becca
Fun is Found in Fourth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...