Teacher Binder & Clip Chart

When I'm not working on my classroom library and scrapbooking projects, I have been organizing.  I find that the same system doesn't always work from year to year.  I'm always making changes to meet my organizational needs.  This year, I think I'm going to re-visit the teacher binder.  I had an earlier post on my desktop filing system (click here to see that).  As I was thinking about it more, I wanted to have some of those pieces in a binder so that I could easily grab it to take home, if needed.  So I began compiling ideas and a new teacher binder was created.

The binder has dividers with the following tabs:
  • calendars
  • schedules
  • lesson plans
  • grade book
  • staff meeting notes
  • grade level meeting notes
  • power standards
  • other information

When I move to this system, I will also be changing my desktop file organizer:
The top 6 sections will hold:
  • clipboard (used to take anecdotal notes & to-do list items throughout the day)
  • papers to be graded, copied, filed, taken to office, etc.
  • book orders, permission forms, etc.
  • grade level standards books
  • extras (worksheets/activities to be used as back-up)
  • ??? - possibly a section for volunteers
The bottom 2 sections will hold:
  • communication log
  • sub folder

I have also been trying to work on my clip chart.  I have already decided that I want to change the language up a bit.  I have played around with a few different designs.  Right now, I'm leaning towards this:




3 comments:

Lori Rosenberg said...

I love your clip chart! Great wording!

Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
Teaching With Love and Laughter

Tammy said...

Staying organized is a constantly changing process isn't it? I hope you like your new system.

❀ Tammy
Forever in First

Lisa R. said...

I agree with Lori! The wording on that clip chart is great! Love those organizational ideas! :)

Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...