4 on the Fourth

I am enjoying a very low-key 4th of July.  The weather is finally starting to look a bit more like summer around here so it will be nice to spend some time outdoors this afternoon.  Meanwhile, I was looking around the blogging world today and saw Mrs. M's blog.  She wrote a post about four new things she wants to try in her classroom this year and is asking others to do the same.  It sounds like fun to see all of the new ideas out there, so here goes.

Four New Things I Will Try in the Classroom This Year

1 - Guided Math & Math Workshop








2 - Clip Chart




3 - Brain Breaks
I wish I had a great photo to share with you, but I haven't finished my jar...yet!  I hope to be able to share it soon.  I loaned my Cricut to a friend for a few weeks, so I haven't been able to complete many projects without it.


4 - Class Writing Journals
Again, I haven't made them yet.  I was inspired by a picture I saw on Pinterest.  The source comes from I Love My Classroom.  She made several whole class writing journals on popular topics (vacations, pets, dreams, etc.).  When the kids do Work on Writing during Daily 5, they can choose to write in the whole class journal.  Also, students can choose to read them during Read to Self. 


So, what are four NEW things you plan to incorporate into your classroom this year?  Head on over to Ms. M's blog and link up your ideas!

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Enjoy your nice weather!!! It's cloudy here :-( I think I am going to try brain breaks too!!! Happy 4th!

Ms.M said...

Thanks for linking up!

Brain breaks, something I have been thinking about a lot. I think I might do it with my older kids cause we have more time together.

Looks like you have a great plan for next year. :)

Ms. M

Ms.M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

I moved to a clip chart last year. Loved it! I'm planning to re-work my chart, though. It lasted through the year...but it won't make it much longer! Saw a great idea on pinterest I'm going to do...be on the lookout for a post!

Primary Inspired

Emily said...

Aww, thanks for the reference. =) I don't have a clip chart, but it's basically the same thing with using dicuts on a pocket chart. I have this thing for pocket charts... it's like an addiction. =) I started Brain Breaks this last year too, the kids loved it!

Emily

The Queen Bee-Minneola said...

Great, after reading yours, my 4 things have turned into 7 (I do the clip chart)

Amy Grout said...

Hi! I just found your blog through the Linky party - very cute! The school I work at has utilized Kagan Cooperative Learning for several years and one component of it is Brain Breaks. (I don't know if that is their term or just a general term.) Anyway, they have a great resource book called "Silly Sports and Goofy Games" which is full of Brain Break ideas. I do several BB's a day and am sold on them. Sometimes we do them when the kids need a break and sometimes we do them when I cannot possibly explain one more time: "When you see an -e at the end of the word, remember "Strong, silent e gives its power to the "a" and the "a" says AAAAAAAA!" with a smile on my face and patience in my voice. :) Good luck and happy breaking in the fall.

Jill said...

Oh I should have put Brain Breaks on mine too!! I'm looping with half of my class and I know I need to incorporate more of these with the kids next year! :)

Marvelous Multiagers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...