New {School} Year Resolutions

I don't know about you, but joining up with this linky sounds like a great way to hold myself accountable for my new {school} year resolutions.  Amanda from Teaching Maddeness is hosting this one. 
 
 
 
 
1. This will be my first year teaching with a little one at home.  I want to be able to focus on school at school and family while at home.  If you have any tips I would LOVE to hear them!
 
 
2.  I would like to have Guided Math & Math Workshop up and running by mid-October (our school starts after Labor Day). 
 
 
3.  I want to provide classroom rewards that are free or low-cost.  I created these reward coupons a few months ago.  I still have a few things I want to add.  What are your favorite free (or low-cost) rewards for students?
Classroom Reward Coupons
 
 
4.  I have improved my organizational skills a lot over the years, but I still have those days where I let the ungraded papers pile up.  I want to stay on top of the paperwork and keep my desk free and clear of these piles. 
 
 
5.  Continue to take care of myself.  This sounds like a no-brainer, but I'm sure many of you can relate.  As teachers we give and give and give, often beyond our limits.  I need to focus on staying healthy (body & mind).
 
 
Hmm...I have more that I could add, but 5 resolutions/goals sounds more than fair.  What are your new {school} year resolutions?  Head on over to Amanda's page and link up!
 

3 comments:

Amanda Madden said...

Thanks for linking up, Storie! Changing to classroom coupons was a wonderful decision a few years ago for me! The students are JUST as excited (if not more) about those "no cost" rewards!

Amanda
Teaching Maddeness

Miss Nelson said...

I have some of your same resolutions.

Lisa R. said...

My advice to leave school at school if you have a little one at home. When my daughter was a baby, I always tried to finish the grading & planning at school so I could devote my full attention to her at home. :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...