Keep on Rollin' : Dice Games

As I continue to plan out my math workstations to align with our learning targets for each math unit, I compiled a group of dice games that can be played independently.  These dice games work on number sense, fact fluency, ordering numbers, and one more/one less.  Here are some pics of the games:



 Order Up
The student will create three 2-digit numbers by rolling the dice multiple times.  Then the student will place the numbers in order.  One worksheet is largest to smallest and one is smallest to largest.


Double the Fun
The student will roll one die and double the number rolled.  The student will then cover that number on the game board (if it is still available).  The game is over when all of the numbers have been covered.


Fact Families
The student will roll two dice.  By adding the two numbers together, the student will identify the third member of the fact family.  The student will then complete the four math problems in the fact family.


Race to the Top
The student will roll one die and graph the results.  The game is over when one number's bar graph has reached the top.


More or Less
The student will roll the dice to create a 2-digit number.  The student will then write down the number that is one less and the number that is one more.




Since it is a new product, I would be thrilled to give away a copy to one of my followers.  Just leave me a comment below letting me know your thoughts on these dice games.  I will randomly draw a winner in a few days.  Be sure to leave a way I can contact you if you win (e-mail or blog address).

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Great activities!

rmariemuniz@hotmail.com

Mrs. Cupcake said...

This looks great! I'd love to add it to my centers rotation!
acupcakefortheteacher@gmail.com
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Rhonda said...

Great ideas. Would love a copy to add to my maths activities.
Rhonda
Classroom Fun

Steph said...

Love dice games! My kiddos asked me last week when I would teach them more dice games :)

sunburst541@gmail.com

meadowt said...

My students love dice games. I use these alot during my Enrichment block. They are easy to teach and it allows me time to work with my strugging students. I would love to win these games.
Barbara
happyteachingfirst.blogspot.com
meaodwt@msn.com

Mrs. Wathen said...

Great idea! Everything is more fun to firsties with dice! This will make math practice a pleasure:)

Tammy
The Resourceful Apple
theresourcefulapple@gmail.com

Constance said...

My students love dice games!

crhdouglas@gmail.com

starteacher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
starteacher said...

These games look awesome. I know my great group of first graders will really enjoy playing these games during their free time.

rrrutledge10@yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...