'Twas the Night Before the Kiddos Arrive & Currently

'Twas the night before the kiddos arrive,
and I'm STILL not in bed,
but visions of perfect angels,
dance through my head.

Tomorrow is our official Meet the Teacher day.  I will get to meet my class of 25 second graders.  I have been spending as much time in my classroom over the past few days as I could manage.  On Thursday I left the building feeling like I was four days behind on my projects.  Thanks to Daddy Daycare, I was able to spend about 5 hours in the classroom on Friday and managed to only feel about one day behind.  As of today, I am feeling pretty good about my classroom.  The room looks ready and the copying will get done tomorrow before they arrive.  I tried to do it today, but wouldn't you know it - the machine was acting up.  No matter what I tried to do, the copies were printing crooked.  I wasn't the only one getting frustrated!  I really do plan to take pictures tomorrow before the kiddos arrive.  I'll try to get them posted by the end of the week. 


In case you haven't changed your calendar yet (in our house it usually takes a day or two), it is September.  That means Farley from Oh' Boy 4th Grade has put together another Currently linky. 



A few notes about my favorite things:

My family - my husband has been amazingly supportive of my obsession with getting my classroom ready.  He jumped right in and offered up some Daddy Daycare hours this weekend, often setting aside his own projects so I can finish my classroom.  My daughter started transitioning to her babysitter and things have been going well so far.  Fingers crossed that it stays that way :)

My laptop - my first few days in my classroom were filled with frustration.  I walked into a room that did not have the computer I was supposed to have.  When my computer did finally get hooked up, it was constantly freezing up and shutting down due to the default settings I was not aware of. Needless to say I am so grateful that my laptop is always running smoothly and ready for me to work on a project when I am home.   

Labels - what would I do without pages and pages of sticky labels?  I use them to label student folders, journals, their mailboxes, their closet space, book order forms have them with our classroom codes and due dates, and I could go on and on.  I also just reorganized my entire classroom library and put new labels on each book so they would match the new basket labels. 

Magnetic Tape - I have three bulletin boards in my classroom: two small squares and one large cedar board.  The latter happens to be in the back corner of my classroom where my teacher area is.  So basically I really have two small, square bulletin boards.  All of the remaining display spaces in my classroom are chalkboards or whiteboards.  Magnetic tape works great for hanging the small items.  I use fun-tak or magnetic clips to hold the big stuff.


Head on over to Farley's blog to see more!
Oh' boy fourth grade

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I can completely identify with your love of labels. I can't imagine going back to the days when I wrote students' names by hand. UGH! Talk about hand cramp!

I found you through Farley's linky party.

Michelle @ Teach123

Rhonda said...

What a wonderful hubby you have. It takes a lot of time to get prepared for a new school year and it makes the job that little bit easier when you have a supportive family.
I LOVE magnetic tape too. I use it all the time.
You have a cute blog. I am your newest follower.Happy teaching
Rhonda
Classroom Fun

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...