Nonfiction

In December I am going to begin teaching the features of nonfiction.  I have been working to compile some new resources to spice up my lessons.  What are some of your best Go-To resources for teaching and reading nonfiction?  I'd love to hear your ideas.
Here are some of my resources & ideas that I have gathered:



Ideas from Pinterest
(I've tried to give the original source when possible):
 


Pinned Image
 





Teacher Resource Books:
Daily Reading Comprehension, Grade 2 by Evan-Moor


 Nonfiction Reading Practice, Grade 2 by Evan-Moor

Success with Reading Comprehension, Grade 2 by Scholastic
Reading Comprehension, Grade 2 by Practice Makes Perfect





Coming Soon:
I hope to share our turkeys inspired by this post from Susan at TGIF:



How-To Brush Your Teeth Writing Samples from this FABULOUS writing pack:
Pinned Image


Comprehension Cubes - a creative display for both fiction and nonfiction




You still have a little over a week to participate in my Thankful Linky.  Everyone who links up their post will be entered to win a $10 TpT gift certificate.  It's just my way of showing how thankful I am for each of my readers :)


Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

1 comment:

Mrs. Wathen said...

We are moving onto non-fiction after Thanksgiving. Thanks for all the great pins. I use Deanna Jump's unit Writing Workshop Templates for Planning.

Tammy
The Resourceful Apple

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...