January Currently

It's only hours until 2013, so I figured it was close enough to link up with the January Currently.


My husband and I settled in a town that is about 2 1/2 hours away from his family and 5 hours from mine.  Family has always been an important part of my life, but now that I have a child of my own, it means even more to see my daughter with them.  This year we were able to see both families and I couldn't be happier!


Last time I chose the word courage.  It has been my word all year:  courage to try new things and branch out of my comfort zone.

This time I chose the word happy.
I need to remember to surround myself with the people who make me happy and find more time for the people that bring happiness to my life. 

5 comments:

Corinna said...

I agree about surrounding yourself with happy people and things that make you happy. It makes for a much healthier life!!

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou,
Corinna
Surfin' Through Second

Jennifer said...

I love Taylor Swift. You have great taste in music!

Happy New Year!

Jennifer
Elementary School Garden

Lisa at Fourth and Ten said...

Love that you chose HAPPY for your OLW. So true that happy people make other people happy! :)
Have a very happy New Year!
Lisa
Fourth and Ten
Like Fourth and Ten on Facebook!

Jennifer Reck said...

Happy is a great word! I hope 2013 brings lots of happiness your way!
Jenny
Owl Things First

Mrs. M said...

I'm a new follower! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I love your OLW. I remember pinning a quote from oprah winfrey saying "surround yourself with people that are only going to lift you higher"...very true!

Happy New Year! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...