Let's Get Acquainted

 
Latoya Reed from Flying Into First Grade is starting a weekly series of linky parties.  The first one is a let's get acquainted party.  The idea is to share three things you like (or like to do) using your initials.  Here we go:
 
 
 
 
S is for Soccer
 
 
I was an athletic kid.  I grew up swimming, biking, dancing, running, playing basketball, volleyball, track & field, and more!  One sport I never played growing up was soccer.  One year I became friends with the mother of one of my students.  She talked me into joining her soccer team.  I have definitely improved since I first started and enjoy my weekly stress relief with the girls!
 
 
 
M is for Markers
 
 
 
 
Don't judge - I have a slightly unhealthy obsession with using colorful markers.  I must have all of these markers & pens available and within reach at all times.  I use the highlighters for correcting math journals without bleeding through the pages.  Flair pens work best for correcting work and for checking off work on my clipboard.  Mr. Sketch markers are my go-to for anchor charts because the smell won't give me a headache like other markers.  Sharpies are perfect for labeling everything.
 
 
 
B is for Books
 
When asked what my favorite genre is, I describe it as tragic fiction.  I love a gripping story about other people's troubles and struggles in life.  It isn't because I enjoy seeing them struggle, but rather it is to see how strong they are in overcoming these challenges.  My favorite author has to be Jodi Picoult.
 
 
Those are three things you just learned about me.  Head on over and get to know some of your fellow bloggers :)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I LOVE Jodi Picoult! I actually was in the teacher's lounge today and saw a book (Change of Heart) laying beside the paper cutter. I almost grabbed it, but decided to wait and make sure it was left there to be grabbed!

Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

Rebekah Quiles said...

I love Sharpies! My man doesn't understand why I feel the need to spend money on them, but I want every colour available. Glad to see someone else feels the same way.

Mrs. Reed said...

I love markers too!
Thanks for linking up!
Latoya

I {Heart} Recess said...

I love markers too! I am kind of protective of them in my classroom...not very good at sharing them with the kiddos :)

Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...