Currently, May

Loving
One thing I am looking forward to this month is a little getaway we are taking to celebrate my husband's birthday.  

Thinking
I have been scouring Pinterest and the internet to find new project ideas for Mother's Day.  What are you all making this year? 

Wanting/Needing
In a dream world, I would get a full day (without students) to get completely caught up on some projects that have been put to the bottom of the priority list.  Then, I would take another full day to get my crafty fix with scrapbooking.

Summer Bucket List
Family Adventures - Now that my daughter is 2, I want to take her on some little adventures and mini field trips (zoo, aquarium, etc.). 

Common Core - Next year we go into full implementation even though our curriculum does not align very well.  I want to become more aware of each standard and what it really looks like at second grade.  Not to mention my grade level team is putting together some resource binders for next year, too.  Thank goodness for a team with a common goal!!

Book Study - I loved doing the online book study for Guided Math last summer.  I'm interested in doing another one, but not really sure which path I want to travel down as far as topic.  Anyone planning or thinking about an online book study, too?



My happy thought for the day...30.5 school days to go and  yes, I am counting down!!



Thank you so much to Patty for helping me proof this one.  This is a 40+ page file on rounding.  Rounding to the nearest 10 and 100 is in the 3rd grade common core, but my second graders still have to successfully complete ballpark estimates as part of our math curriculum.  If you are looking for some extra rounding practice, click on the picture below.  This will be on sale for the next few days, too!  Hop on over and check it out :)






Head over to Farley's blog to see what other bloggers are up to!

6 comments:

Tiffani Mugurussa said...

I too need a crafty fix. My poor scrabook supplies have been calling my name for months

Kindergarten Squared said...

Love me some Voice too! Maybe have a slight crush on Adam! We went hard core with common core this year. It is SO much better...much more challenging for the kiddos but they have become amazing little independent thinkers! Jump in...you'll love it! Found you over at Farleys!

Corinna said...

I am in search of a new Mother's Day craft as well. I better get it together, only 1 week left! Good luck with Common Core I'm sure you will have great team support:)

Aloha,
Corinna
Surfin' Through Second

Learning with Mrs. Brinn said...

I missed out on last year's math book club. :0( I was thinking about doing a book club this summer too. :0)

Gwen
Learning With Mrs. Brinn

KinderKapers said...

I am joining a Book Whisperer book study. I love the book and can't wait to reread it and find ways to apply it to my Kindergarten class. We are starting mid-June.

Terri Izatt
KinderKapers

Heather aspecialkindofplace.blogspot.com said...

I LOVE THE VOICE. I found you on Currently and I'm your newest follower, Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...