Summer Bucket List

 
Ahhh, Summer...the time every teacher needs to recharge after a busy school year.  Teri, Hadar, and April are hosting the second annual Summer Bucket List linky and I just had to join in.  Here's what I would like to accomplish this summer:
 
 
 
1 - Toddler Adventures
This summer I want to take my little one on many little adventures.  We will try to hit the zoo, aquarium, pool, splash park, parks, indoor gyms, etc. I don't think she has a clue, but I'm pretty excited!
 
 
2 - Common Core Planning & Organization
Now that my district will be in full implementation of Common Core next year, it's time to buckle down and get serious about aligning our current curriculum to the new standards.  Since my district is cutting so many teaching positions as it is, we will not be getting a new adoption any time soon.  Luckily I have so many great blogging buddies out there who have been a great source of support!
 
My grade level team has been meeting to work on a yearlong curriculum map that aligns to the common core for literacy.  We are also putting together binders of math resources that can be used for common assessments and teaching.  It is a monster of a task, but it will be A-MA-ZING when it is all finished.
 
 
 
3 - Reading
Oh, Kindle how I have missed thee...
There just isn't enough time in the day to read as much as I want to. 
 
 
 
4 - Creating
I feel more balanced when I have a chance to access my creative side.  I love scrapbooking and miss it dearly.  Toddlers and scrapbooking just don't mix at this point since my daughter's version of helping and my idea of scrapbooking just don't seem to accomplish the same goal :)  Fortunately, creating products for my classroom and sharing them on TpT has helped.  I'm hoping to update some of my earlier products and add more of my book units to other popular series (Horrible Harry, Cam Jansen, Magic School Bus, etc.).
 
 
 
 
5 - Pinning
Enough said...
 
 

5 comments:

Lori said...

I am hoping to catch up on some reading this summer too. Too many books and not enough time!
Lori
Conversations in Literacy

Elizabeth Hall said...

Haha...love that ecard. Glad I found your blog. It's super cute :)
I'm your newest follower!
Elizabeth
Kickin’ it in Kindergarten

Elizabeth said...

That is the ecard written for me :) I'm with you on a lot of the bucket list! Let the summer fun begin!!

Elizabeth
Fun in Room 4B

Mrs. Wathen said...

I love scrapbooking too, but have switched over to Project Life by Becky Higgins. Love the simplicity. I do miss the creative outlet, but at least I am somewhat up to date:)

Tammy
The Resourceful Apple

Tania said...

My scrapbooking needs me back this summer. Can't remember the last time I put a page together :(
Happy Summer to you!
tania
My Second Sense

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...