Pretty Little Binders (Monday Made-It)

I love organizing my things in binders.  There's something exciting about using dividers and sheet protectors to organize my files.  Plus it gives me a good excuse to use my Cricut and scrapbook a cute cover.  So when my grade level team decided to put together binders to hold our common core resources I was super excited.  When I first pictured what the finished product would look like, I thought it would have a section for each strand and a divider for each standard.  I imagined I would include all of the cards for my pocket chart displays for standards, too.  Little did I know that my dream was too big once I got my hands on a couple of fabulous resources.

Here's what my covers and spines look like (the ELA cover is identical except it says ELA instead of math):

I put the dividers in first and once I started printing I could place each page inside a sheet protector.  I opted to only use dividers for each strand (Operations and Algebraic Thinking, Numbers and Operations in Base Ten, Measurement and Data, and Geometry).  Behind each divider, the assessments are organized by standard.  You can only imagine that by doing this, my binder soon looked like this:



 So, what is inside that pretty little binder?  I'll show you!  Several months ago I got my hands on these math gems:

 Source: Kristine Nannini (Young Teacher Love)
Read more about this product here or here.

The reason I love this one is that each standard comes with helpful teaching notes.

Source: Denise Boehm (Sunny Days in 2nd Grade)
Read more about this product here or here or here.

This math pack comes with three assessments (yes, three) for each standard.  I can use these for pre-assessments, re-teaching/practice, and final assessments.  Denise also made assessments for ELA.  The only difference is that the ELA assessments only have one per standard.  I'm hoping Denise will eventually add more assessments like she did with the math.  Fingers crossed :)  You can find that product here.


This is just one of the projects I have been working on this summer.  I'm linking up with Tara over at 4th Grade Frolics for the Monday Made-It linky.  I hope I'll have some pictures to share with you of some of my other projects next week.

1 comment:

Mary Wingert said...

Your binder covers turned out great! It looks like you guys are very well-organized.

Enjoy your final days of summer.

Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...