September Currently

It's Labor Day and school is taking over my brain.  Here's what I have going on:

Since I started teaching, we have always started school the Wednesday after Labor Day.  In recent years we have met our students the day before school starts.  So tomorrow I will be meeting my kiddos and their families.  I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  I have so much to do before they arrive tomorrow!

Now, do you see that pink heart near the bottom of the image?  This month there is a love yourself section.  It's a place to pick things I'd like to accomplish this month.


I'm a bit of a workaholic.  I bring school work home about 90% of the time.  The good news is there are nights the work comes home and I never even touch it.  Good intentions, I guess.  I want to dedicate two nights a week to family.  This means I won't bring ANY school work home on those nights.  In a perfect world I could combine all three together, get it all done during the school day, and devote every night to family.  For now I will start small with two days a week.  Wish me luck!

Head on over to Farley's blog to see what everyone else is up to.

6 comments:

Pre-K Explorer said...

I hope you're able to dedicate two nights a week or more to your family. I think that's the hardest part of being a teacher. There is always so much to do! Good luck!

Carolyn Kisloski said...

YES- take those nights off! Great idea! Thanks for stopping over to my blog! :) Yours is great! I love the name!
Carolyn
Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

Lucy Ravitch said...

Great goals! Have fun meeting the new students : )
~Lucy
Kids Math Teacher

The Rungs of Reading said...

Storie,
I hear you when it comes to leaving work at work! I'm starting to get anxious about that because I am starting an online course in October and struggle to manage the workload, job responsibilities, and most important, my family life. It sure is a balancing act! I like your idea of making a goal of setting aside family-only time every week. It may ease some of my guilt of always having to do work.
Have a great first day!!
Stacy
The Rungs of Reading

Martin Legault said...

Hi ,

My name is Martin and I'm a teacher from Canada. I just started a new website called Resources4teaching where educators can buy and sell lessons and educational resources. We are new and are looking for people to join and put up their materials for sale on our website. We are having an iPad draw for the first 100 Vendors who join and upload at least 1 lesson /resource for sale on our website. There are absolutely no fees to join and you earn royalties of 70%. You can visit us at: http://www.resources4teaching.com/blog/

If you know any other teachers who might be interested in this Website, please forward this to them and if you have any questions, feel free to message me.

Have a great day

Tania said...

"Where are we going?" Clap, clap clap. We love our Dora episodes and Boots!
Love your school goal. It sounds more more realistic to me than what I had in mind :)
tania
My Second Sense

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...