Currently, November


Listening
The little one went down for a nap so my daughter is watching an episode of The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  My favorite part of the show is watching my daughter do the hot dog dance at the end.  If you've ever seen the show, each character has their own dance and my daughter tries to copy each one.  


Loving
We went up to the property yesterday to take a peek at the progress.  They finished putting up the trusses and are now working on sheeting the roof.  My husband is not only working full time, but also helping up at the house 4-5 nights a week.  Right now he is fighting an uphill battle with the rain water in the crawl space.  My daughter is a little less enamored with the house and more fascinated with the dirt & mud.  She makes sure to step into each and every puddle and loves how the mud squishes beneath her boots (when she's not making trips to the port-a-potty every 10 minutes, that is).  

Thinking
Let me be honest.  We don't get a ton of trick-or-treaters in my neighborhood.  I still buy more candy than we need so I can enjoy a little treat afterwards.  My daughter enjoyed helping to pass out the candy this year.  Each trick-or-treater got a minimum of 3 pieces this year, but most got about 5 thanks to her.  The even better part was each time she'd close the door, she'd take a piece or two out of our bucket and put it in her own bucket, just like she'd gone trick or treating at our house, too.  I don't know about you, but I can't get enough of the Reeses PB Cups - YUMMY!!
(Yes, this card is a little creepy, but sums up my feelings pretty well!)


Wanting
A win would be great, but win or lose I still root for them.  Gotta love it when my daughter yells, "Go Hawks!" every time she sees a football game on t.v. no matter who is playing.


Needing
I don't go all out with decorating, but I do like to have some things out for the holidays.  I just don't like trying to find the time to put everything away.  I had to laugh when even my daughter was giving very strange looks to the Christmas decor in the grocery store this morning.  Even she knows (at 3 1/2) that we haven't had Thanksgiving yet.  By the way, I have to share a pic of the costumes this year at our house:


Reading
Most of my reading involves board books, picture books, and lift-the-flap books these days.  However, when I do have a few minutes I grab my Kindle and hide.  Right now I'm trying to finish up The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks.  The last book I read was What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman and that was pretty good, too.


Head on over to Farley's blog to see what everyone else is up to. 




3 comments:

Olwyn Hughes said...

I would be eating Halloween candy, too, except it is all at my mother's. We do Halloween there every year and it saves me at least three or four pounds of candy weight gain every year!!!! Your little ones are too cute. I remember those days. Have a great week!

Olwyn
http://teachinginturtlepond.blogspot.ca/

Sally said...

I found you through Currently, and I love your blog! I love Reeses Cups, too, but I love Milky Ways even more. Your little one sounds delightful! We always get a few trick or treaters, but always end up with extra candy. You'd think I'd buy something I didn't love so I wouldn't eat all the left overs!

Sally from Elementary Matters

Jane said...

Your kids are adorable! I have lots of candy left over too, but I do not want it in the house - too tempting!!

How exciting that you are building a house. I moved to a new house in April and am still getting organized. It's so fun to decorate a new place!

Hope you have a great week!
Jane
Learning in the Little Apple

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...