Currently, January


Listening 
There is something so peaceful about baby snores.  Sometimes just watching your baby's chest rise and fall with a little snoring sound can bring your whole world to a stop, but warmth to your heart.

Loving
We did it...again.  We traveled to two sets of grandparents homes to celebrate Christmas.  We say we'll never do it again, but it continues to happen.  This year we did dig our heels in a bit and allowed our kids to be home on Christmas morning.  Either way, the drive home yesterday was filled with freezing temps (20 degrees or lower), but sun rays for the entire drive.  Today is just as wonderful as I'm stuck inside catching up on laundry.  A girl can at least daydream out the window, right?

Thinking
I only get to see my side of the family two times a year unless someone heads over our way to visit us.  The time together is never long enough, but it's nice to just veg out with family.

Wanting
Our house is a DISASTER.  It's a combination of a toddler, infant, two dogs that shed, a hubby who works super long hours, and a mommy who just doesn't have the time or energy to clean.  However, I have the itch to clean and purge.  It never lasts long, so it will be nice to dig into the closets and dressers and get things out while I still have the motivation to do so!

Needing
Over break I started reading a book that was a last minute pick because all of the other books on the waiting list weren't available.  I started My Sister's Grave by Robert Dugoni.  It has all of the ingredients I need for a book: murder, mystery, suspense, twists & turns, etc.  It also takes place in Washington.  I'm almost to the end and I need to finish!

Yes - Maybe - I Wish
Yes - Acceptance
I knew losing baby weight was hard.  I already had to do it once.  I am beginning to accept that it will take even longer than planned after baby #2.  I am beginning to accept that I need to start with baby steps and mini changes now until we have a working schedule for our family.  I am beginning to accept the new me....not improved, just different.  Change is hard, but I'm learning to accept it a little more each day.  Acceptance is my yes for 2015!

Maybe - Forgiveness
I'm not sure if forgiveness is the right word or maybe I need to channel my inner Elsa and belt out, "Let it Go!"  I need to quit dwelling in the past and forgive myself for the things I cannot change.  This one is a work in progress.  Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't.   

I Wish - Adventure
Starting new projects and adventures is always exciting, but also nerve wracking.  We have a lot of exciting changes happening for our family in 2015.  I can only wish and hope these changes live up to our dreams and expectations!


Happy New Year to you all!  Don't forget that there's only a couple of days left to enter my giveaway:



3 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh please accept the baby #2 fat is so hard to get rid of! My "baby" is 17! lol You will be better than I have been! I'm still working on it! Happy New Year!!!

oh' boy said...

One of the mantras I live by is…
you can't enjoy this chapter if you keep looking back at the last one

I am not sure where it came from or who told me… but it helps me put things to rest and move on.

thanks so much for linking up…
i hope you have a wonderful 2015 filled with lots of blessings

Paige said...

I am right there with you on the whole cleaning/organizing thing! And while I do not have any kids of my own yet, my friend (who is a mommy to two) said it best when she said that your body is beautiful because it gave life to two amazing children :)

Paige
Paiges of Learning

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...