Favorite February Resources & Freebies



February can be filled with so many great learning opportunities.  I usually focus on Groundhog's Day, Valentine's Day, and President's Day.  Here are some of my favorite resources for these days.
This one is FREE.  Click here to grab it.

Another great freebie I found last year comes from Jennifer over at First Grade Blue Skies.
I made an attempt at a groundhog craft about 2 years ago.  I drew a template for the kids to use.  They attached them to their shadow predictions.  The kids were so proud, but I will be completely honest - they looked like beavers!   That is why you will NOT find pictures of them on this blog.  Yep, using someone else's template from now on.

Some of my favorite read alouds for this day are:






Then comes Valentine's Day.  For some kids it's the only holiday that exists in February.  Before we open Valentines and enjoy sweet treats, the students get time to create a really quick and easy craft.  This is by no means my creation, but I made myself a set of printables for when the die-cut machine isn't available or handy.  Just click on the picture to grab them:


Are you looking for a new book to use with a small group of students?  Both of these books take place around Valentine's Day and the kids absolutely adore Harry and his friends!

If you're looking for a quick and easy printable for morning work or to keep your students busy while you prep for your Valentine's Day party, check out this word search:
This one is FREE.  Click here to grab it.

Here's one last idea I saw online that could be really easy for you to make with your students:

 Next up is President's Day.  Usually we are still working through our Nonfiction unit at this time, so we use the following texts to learn about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.  You can grab the graphic organizers from First Grade Fanatics.  The books are from Scholastic's Easy Reader Biographies set.


Here's our bulletin board from last year.  These crafts are from Amy Lemons and Carolyn McCleary.  After gathering information from the texts above, we did a shared writing piece for each of the two presidents.

  

   


I don't know about you, but my students love word searches.
T
This one is new and also FREE.  Click here to grab it.


One more day until the big game.  I am so excited!!!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...