Currently, July

I can't believe June passed by so quickly!  Since it's the first of the month, it's time for Farley's Currently link-up:

Since I play soccer on Monday nights, I often record American Ninja Warrior and watch it in spurts on Tuesday.  I am in awe of the power, strength, and determination of the athletes that compete on American Ninja Warrior.  I'm pretty sure I would bite the dust in record time!

  
Last Friday I had the chance to stop by and check out the progress on our house.  Right now drywall is being installed.  My 4-year-old looked around in bewilderment....mostly because she can't just walk through the walls anymore.  My husband has been doing a lot of the work, but he contracted out the drywall.  That has given him some free evenings, which gives me some free evenings, too!


I managed to make some progress on my son's scrapbooks.  I won't bore you with details since I already blogged about them here.  Breaking out the Cricut really gave me the itch to start scrapbooking again.  One more reason I'm loving the house progress is I'm SO looking forward to a designated office/craft space & not having to haul my supplies up and down the stairs over and over again just to complete a project.


My daughter started swim lessons several months ago.  For the first two sessions, she had a teacher she adored.  Last session was a mish-mash of teachers and she never had the same teacher two classes in a row.  Needless to say it was frustrating as a parent to watch your child try to learn to trust a new adult in 30 min.


My daughter gave one of her friends some Hello Kitty games for her birthday.  Her friend invited her over to play the games with her.  It was fun to watch each girl with her own stuffed Hello Kitty friend playing games and just enjoying each other's company.  She spent the whole ride home planning what they will do when she invites her friends over to our house to play.  Luckily, she has some great ideas so my role is mainly making phone calls and finding time!


If procrastination was a team sport, I would be elected captain.  I don't enjoy waiting to the last minute and feeling that time crunch, but somehow that looming deadline lights a fire under me like no other!

Head on over to Farley's blog to see what everyone else is up to this month!





3 comments:

Patti Barker said...

I am with you on the procrastination! Right now I am blogging instead of writing a 15 page paper that is due in a few weeks! My husband and son are American Ninja Warrior addicts...I have watched a few times but have not really gotten into it. I will often hear cheers and shouts coming form the living room as they watch! Oh to be that athletic!!!!

Raye said...

Add me to the list of procrastinators. You and I might compete for the title of captain ;) I never mean to procrastinate and I make lists upon lists...but it never fails. Some things just wait until the very end. It seems to work for me though as I always do a better job when I'm down to the wire. Apparently I just like living dangerously! :)

I know you will absolutely love having your own space for crafting or whatever in your new house. I have a huge office at home that I used to share with the husband...he moved his desk out to another spot and I totally took over! I LOVE it. I'm not crafty at all but I do have a lot of "stuff" and it's nice having all of the room to do whatever I want in.

C Hath said...

I love scrapbooking too, and wish that I had more time to do it! I'm hoping in a few years when my babies are a little older I will be able to set things up and get back to work! When they were teeny tiny it was easy because they couldn't move and slept a TON! Now my babies don't sleep at all, and are always on the move!!

Mrs. 3rd Grade 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...