Five for Friday (9-11-15)

I am trying something new and joining up with the Five for Friday weekly linky party hosted by Doodle Bugs Teaching.



I've been taking some risks lately by putting scissors and glue into the hands of my 4-year old.  As a teacher I know it's a necessary skill, but I still worry.  Does that ever go away?  So here's a little project I put together for her.  This time she had a ton of papers with the letters of her name (pre-cut to save time).  She had to find them, sort them, and glue them.  Oh, and it was an excuse to pull out some Astrobrights paper!


Harry has received his second set of updates (34 individual book packs + 1 bundle = 1 sore pair of eyes).  If you've been looking to introduce Harry to your students, click here to grab the packs while they are still on sale!



My little boy got his first haircut this week.  Good thing his chubby cheeks are still there so I can still see a little baby in him!


Preschool.....it's happening.  Last night I went to my first parent meeting.  I'm excited for her and can't wait to watch her learn and grow this year!


Finally, this day will forever be etched into my brain and still brings me to tears each and every time I think about it.  For me, the morning of 9-11-01 was only my 5th day of teaching of 4th graders (and I was already in over my head).  I had no idea what I would say, what I would do, or if I could even hold it together to stand in front of those students and talk about what had happened.  I was fortunate that my principal and school counselor came into the classroom and helped guide the discussion.  Like many of you, I will never forget!




3 comments:

lizC said...

Love the name sorting, cutting, and pasting activity! I bet your little one loved it too. Hope she has a great time at pre-school. My two little ones just started Mother's Day Out this weekend. Bittersweet for Mama! :)

-Liz
TheHappyTeacher

Teaching Autism said...

Can't imagine how awful it must have been for you to be stood in front of all those 4th graders when it happened! Loving your boys first haircut - so cute!

Teaching Autism

Katie said...

a) I LOVE your upgraded product - looks awesome
b) You son is just adorable :)

Katie at Creative After Bedtime

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...