Five for Friday

It's officially Fall, which means my DVR is working overtime to catch all of the season premieres of my favorite shows.  It's also Friday and I'm back to share five random things from my week with you.  Here we go!
My daughter brought home her first book order and had so much fun identifying her favorite characters.  I can still remember being excited about these as a kid!
I decided to make myself a priority again and started going to the gym.  It's amazing how much better I feel by carving out just a little more time for me and my personal health.  I'm also getting my reading fix accomplished while working out!

I went digging through my teaching tubs looking for a specific book, but ended up finding all of these monster books instead.  I started reminiscing about the year my students created monsters and then I guided them through a how-to piece on trapping their monsters.  That was so much fun!
I finally finished up a picture book pack for Anansi and the Magic Stick.  I started it about two years ago and then life got in the way and it was put on the back burner.  In case you missed it, you can learn more about it here.

When the coin jar is overflowing, it's a problem.  I hate going to the bank, but I guess putting money INTO the account is far better than taking money OUT, right?  
P.S. I miss the free coin counting machine at the bank!

Enjoy your weekend!



5 comments:

Teaching Autism said...

Ah I used to love bringing home the magazines and picking out which books I wanted! I was a proper little book worm so always had a HUGE list! Well done on getting in to the routine of the gym! I'm sure 6 months down the line you'll be so chuffed you did! I wish we had free coin counting machines too! Ours charges 10% it's a toss up between spending time counting it all or giving the 10%.. TRICKY!

Have a great weekend!

Teaching Autism

Adventures of a Techie Bookworm said...

I would love to hear about the shows that you DVR. :)

Stacy Ess said...

I totally understand. I still get excited about book orders!

Stacy
Made with Love

ithappenedin3rd said...

I used to love making book orders, too! Congrats on getting back into the gym...it's important to stay healthy with this stressful job!

Theresa's Teaching Tidbits said...

I used to love the book order forms, too! I love the idea of trapping monsters - what a cute unit! I'm trying to make time to walk everyday. I know I'll feel better once it is part of my daily routine. You've inspired me to make a fresh start at it this week. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...