Christmas Chapter Books for 2nd Graders



Once Thanksgiving has passed, Christmas is probably on the mind of most of your students - I know it's on mine!  I love to bring Christmas into my classroom for my students, too.  These are some of my favorite chapter books to either read aloud to my students or use in small groups leading up to Christmas break. 
 If you've been reading this blog for any period of time, you know about my friendship with Horrible Harry.  I love Horrible Harry and the Christmas Surprise because it shows a softer side of Harry.

Another great Horrible Harry book for the holidays is Horrible Harry and the Holidaze.  I love that this book briefly touches upon other holiday celebrations.

 Junie B. is definitely growing on me.  I love reading this book with my students who need a gentle reminder about kindness for all!

 Holidays are about spending time with family and kids just love the mischievous adventures when Freddy's cousins come to town!  I also recently discovered that there are two other Christmas themed books in this series: Secret Santa Surprise and The Perfect Present.  I'll be looking into those two books soon!

I usually introduce my students to Flat Stanley when we begin writing to our pen pals.  After that my students flock to the Flat Stanley tub in my classroom library.  I keep this book close so I can read it aloud before the holidays.

You can find packs for many of these chapter books here.  Do you have a favorite Christmas or holiday-themed chapter book for 2nd graders?  I'd love to hear about it!

Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...